Monday, March 21, 2016

8 weeks Post RT for my Ledderhose Disease and it's connection to Dupuytren's Disease

I've charted my weeks and months after Radiation Therapy, but I will recap some of those dates in the weeks to come.

First RT Session June 2015. It took appx 8 weeks before I really "saw" any change in my fibromas.  It was a mild change at 8 weeks.

At 8 weeks, my foot looked a little swollen in photos.  While I did not feel any of this, it looked as if the arch area was almost flat to the remainder of my foot.  I have a normal arch so it was noticeable.  The skin also looked "thin".  I can't find another word for describing it.  It was never a red spot, and never an irritation at any of the fibroma locations.

At 8 weeks I was definitely on my way to being pain free.  The big toe pain I was experiencing was very mild and the fibroma pain was mild also.  I would say a 3/4 out of 10 on most days.

When I walk a lot the fibroma will have a tender feeling when I take my shoes off and that feeling continues until the following day.  I have resorted to wearing Crocs as much as I can at home.  That firm cushion they have seem to sooth the tenderness.  I definitely cannot go barefoot. 

My plantar fasciitis(PF) prevents me from every walking barefoot, even at home. If you have PF the fibroma pain is right up there on the same pain level.  My PF will not be the throbbing pain it looks like.

I have tried to stay in either Nike tennis shoes or Crocs from the minute I wake up until I go to bed.  I find with this I get the most relief.

I have a pair of Teva sandals that I can wear, but I cannot wear them more than about 2 hours and really don't want to be on my feet all that time because my fibromas will be very tender.  But, I do see the possibility of other shoes in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment